The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • This all started with an engine and transmission swap out of a wrecked 2006 Nissan Altima which now turned into a complete conversion wiring ,dash to get this to work. Why you ask. I didn't want to swap the transmission just to make it work. I don't have to crawl around an pull a transmission. Now I'll have all the update programs for the computers.
  • This is the 06

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You realize of course you did more work there than yanking a trans. Somewhat cleaner is all you got there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like cleaner lol. I swapped the motor trans and whole cradle with a friend that had a two-post lift I don't have a two-post lift not willing to drag it all the way up and have him do it again just to change the transmission yeah I've got about eight hours so far in the swapping it I'm about ready to put the dash back in the 02.and it also have all the new ecm,tcm and body control module heater controls and a new look

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gearing on the inside is different and the tcm would go into limp mode. Talked with a transmission shop and they said only if you swap the 02 transmission back in will it work. The engine was fine with a couple sensor changes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It runs and moves. 😃Haven't drove it yet,still need the wiring finished but just to hear it start after putting this much effort in.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,425 Posts
I'm impressed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just the paint peeling off. After it gets driving i will be repainting it .
I have a gal of orange metallic paint. I'm thinking about two tone. Black on the top orange on the bottom. And the wheels titanium gray.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I keep finding connectors that don't plug in from the 02 into the 06, like the doors, the driver's door connectors plug right in and work the passenger side connectors will not even plug into the 06 harness I don't get it but keep keep motoring on.
I got to figure out how to make the Bose system work. The 06 did not have the Bose system so I got to find the wires and install those. I need a 04 -06 Bose stereo to put in.
so I just repined the connector

·
6,425 Posts
Do you have the FSMs...they are super helpful for the wiring mapping issues you are running into. If not, look in my .sig...you'll find the 02 and 05/06 there. Ping me if you need help deciphering.

Not sure I'd retrofit the BOSE system if you don't already have it, huge pile of wires and parts to make that work and it ain't that great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After what I just went through with replaceing all the wiring I think the stereo wires would be easy.😁 Lol

·
6,425 Posts
True that.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
2,409 Posts
Damn this is a huge project and props to all the work. That sucks the connectors don't match up, strange they changed that as well - I would have assumed it would be the same... Does the wiring seem similar to where you can splice the 2002 plug on the 2006 wires to connect the doors?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I was able to spice the harness.
Alot of things are different. Ecm, tcm, won't plug into the 02 harness. I swapped out everything heater box the streering colume also the dash pad and 90 o/o of the wiring harness. Couple of things left to do but planing on taking it out for a test drive this weekend

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have 2. 1 03 and 1 05.
up to 04 was the same, then 05-06, But 07+ is similar if not the same as 05-06.
I have 2006 seats in my 03. So much better than the 03. I would have loved to swap more but other than the easy swap seats nothing else was even close

1 - 20 of 23 Posts