The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Altima from a private seller and the issues I'm having!!! Ok here are a few things going on.... The engine randomly shuts off while both idling and actually driving (shut off going 55mph yesterday!). My radio when you turn it on sounds like someone tapping a microphone and that is all it does. Replaced the factory amp with exact one and now my interior lights (blinkers, lcd dash that has mpg/dte/trip a/b doesn't work) and chimes don't work. I have to now press the shift lock button to put the car in park that just happened today. The engine light came on and has some weird message that the people at the local shop didnt even know what it was. We have changed out so many parts in this car already I seriously don't know what else can go wrong on it! Checked all the fuses on dash and under the hood all are in 100% working order. Can anyone help me!? I have a 2 month old son that rides in this car.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
What IS the wierd message!? What codes are stored in the ECU? Did th eprivate seller give you any background info on this car, or did they just happily unload onto you? 1st things 1st you MUSt pull all codes...this is the starting point. Do not replace anything else until you have pulled and written down any codes stored in the ecu. If you dont have a code reader, instead of buying another part, GO BUY A CODE READER. It will pay for itself. You can buy a basic one that simply pulls codes for about $30.00 from AutoZone or similar. List ALL parts changed out, and whether they were Nissan or aftermarket. Provide the info I am asking for and I (we) will help get you up and running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently purchased a used Altima from a private seller and the issues I'm having!!! Ok here are a few things going on.... The engine randomly shuts off while both idling and actually driving (shut off going 55mph yesterday!). My radio when you turn it on sounds like someone tapping a microphone and that is all it does. Replaced the factory amp with exact one and now my interior lights (blinkers, lcd dash that has mpg/dte/trip a/b doesn't work) and chimes don't work. I have to now press the shift lock button to put the car in park that just happened today. The engine light came on and has some weird message that the people at the local shop didnt even know what it was. We have changed out so many parts in this car already I seriously don't know what else can go wrong on it! Checked all the fuses on dash and under the hood all are in 100% working order. Can anyone help me!? I have a 2 month old son that rides in this car.
It sounds like this car has been in a flood

·
Registered
442 Posts
What IS the wierd message!? What codes are stored in the ECU? Did th eprivate seller give you any background info on this car, or did they just happily unload onto you? 1st things 1st you MUSt pull all codes...this is the starting point. Do not replace anything else until you have pulled and written down any codes stored in the ecu. If you dont have a code reader, instead of buying another part, GO BUY A CODE READER. It will pay for itself. You can buy a basic one that simply pulls codes for about $30.00 from AutoZone or similar. List ALL parts changed out, and whether they were Nissan or aftermarket. Provide the info I am asking for and I (we) will help get you up and running.
As an option, most auto parts stores will perform an ECU DTC code readout free of charge. Post the actual codes here on the forum. The codes are generally in the form of Pxxxx, where the xxxx is a 4 digit numeric code. Besides P, there are some other codes that begin with U, B, C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts