The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did an auto to manual conversion on my 2.5 altima. Now I have a 6speed in I'm still running with auto harness and auto ecm. Now I'm receiving a P1574. Says throttle position sensor disagreement btwn sensors. I dont understand what's going in did my speed sensor take a shit and which would I buy the one for the sentra since it's a 6speed or the one for the altima????

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
Worse than that...as I understood it (it's been a long time), the manual derives its speed sensor via the ABS sensors and ABS controller, whereas the automatic gets it from a sensor in the transmission. So now you have software in the ECU probably talking to a TCU without a transmission connected...and an ABS controller that probably won't output the required speed signal.

I'm guessing the lack of a speed signal will mess a few other things up that depend on it (like autolocking, and maybe things like traction control etc.) As long as you are aware of what works and what doesn't and it's driveable...I'd at yourself on the back and call it a day and enjoy your 6MT!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d0ugmac1 I understand what your saying but, I cant really drive as normal because of what's going on I'm going through gas like never before, I can tap the gas pedal and it will shoot up to 2000r rpms and will stay their for a few secs then finely drop. I drive around my block and my dte gauge in the car drops by 1 or 2 miles. I should not be going through that much gas.

·
7,021 Posts
Manual ECU : 23710-9J084 and matching harness
ABS Controller : 47660-8J000 (same for auto/manua - so that at least is good news)
Cluster Gauge : 24810-3Z607 (manual) 24810-3Z602 (auto) this should get changed.

·
7,021 Posts
Further reading of the DI section of the FSM shows the Meter Cluster feeding the vehicle speed signal to the ECU and BCM. Seems like this care uses the same VSS sensor for both man/auto so sorry for any confusion there.

Short story, it may just be your TB that needs attention for current engine operation issues. ie I see no reason why a different tranny would impact the TB, unless the harness or TB itself was damaged in the RE&RE.

Longer story, if you need to make TCS etc work, you'll need to replace a lot more parts.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
'I can tap the gas pedal and it will shoot up to 2000r rpms and will stay their for a few secs then finely drop.'

If that happens with car sitting still then a TB issue or vacuum leak. The speed sensor isn't working then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm planning on doing a whole engine harness and dash harness change, I got a p7 ECM that came from a 6speed sentra as well as the hlsd trans. Will an altima 5speed harness work for the p7 ecm??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'I can tap the gas pedal and it will shoot up to 2000r rpms and will stay their for a few secs then finely drop.'

If that happens with car sitting still then a TB issue or vacuum leak. The speed sensor isn't working then.
I will check this when I get home because when I do emissions test on my obd2 scanner it say vacuum fail but no check engine lite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts