The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....So where doe's one get the gray starter relay ? Met my first troll on this site i WILL NOT Tolerate being talk to the way you talk to your wife or kids.......I'm not going to say who it is because i'm better then that

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I've never had to replace one on my Nissans, but if I needed one, I would check with local auto parts stores or a Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had to replace one on my Nissans, but if I needed one, I would check with local auto parts stores or a Nissan dealer.
It started happening 2 days ago....Went to my car in the AM and went to start it and got zero......Worked fine for the first few weeks of ownership (just bought it ) and thought maybe the Batt died...Jumped it ..nothing....Had a buddy get in and turn the key while i was tapping relays...BOOM ...it started.....These cars are so popular in the junk yard that they are usually striped to the undercoat on the frame.....Will any of the other relays in that location swap and do the same job ? Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
'Will any of the other relays in that location swap and do the same job ?'

If certified like you claimed elsewhere you would already be on top of that by comparing relay relative sizes and part numbers to already know the answer. Another way if the location is known is simply to repeat the error to bad again and then remove the relay cover and cycle the relay with a finger while somebody turns key to start and if it then works relay again and buy one. Certifieds know that one too as well as that there can be a reason why the jump didn't work other than the relay too.

I'll say it as I have nothing to fear and can outdo 99.9% of the 'mechs' on this site, as I have done for many years elsewhere.

I am the supposed 'troll'.

The other thread and look at the opening premise, Does that look like the thinking of a certified mech in the OP? I wouldn't want that guy working on anything of mine, he would likely hurt himself then try to sue you for HIS actions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.