The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer that ordered a box that he wants ported through the arm rest and i need some measurements.

1. what is the dimensions of the arm rest?

2. Is the back seat still angled at about the same 25 degrees as the older style altimas?

3. what length is the most the port can stick through the seat without impeding the armrest from folding up again?

4. what height off the floor of the trunk should i start the port?

he wants it similar to this picture
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=213261&page=2

thanks for the help guys:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
have you finished my box yet?....man I paid you $75 and haven't heard shit from you....it's been 17 days and still you wont respond to my emails.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sorry i havn't replied since it has been three days since you cleaned your inbox. If you would have had a clean inbox you would have got the message that i tried to send twice that said i have a long weekend this weekend and it will get sent on the next business day for UPS which is Tuesday. one shipping day later than the two weeks that i told you.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
ask no sh8me.... i think he has his ported out through the armrest....

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
My box is 15" tall and I had to beat some side bars up to get it in there. I would try to keep it under 14".

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
i dont know the dimensions of the box off the top of my head, i can do a measurement if you would like..

also, they cut out the plastic on the back of seat where it covers up the fabric when u put down the armrest..they extended out the port so the sound will go directly thru the grill they made into the cabin..i couldnt stand my whole trunk rattling after i got my new shit, so i went with a custom/ported trunk..

some obvious steps they did before building the box was measuring the length and width of the trunk where the box was goin to be..the box is all the way pushed back to the end of the trunk.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you could do some measurements for me that would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am going to try emailing you, or else i am going to have to have the customer do the measurements, but he is not comfortable using a tape measure

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
hey sorry about lagging.. why would he not wanna use a tape measure? how else would u measure it? theres no one measurement for each side. u can use minimal space jsut for the subs or u can use the whole trunk..but if u want the measurements i would use a measuring tape and measure it

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he is just not comfortable using a tape, and he is not local to me so i can not do it myself.... i would still appreciate those measurements if you are still willing:)

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
ok for sure then..im busy today but tomm i will..if i can with the measurements..ill see if i can make some type of diagram of the box, with the measurements

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts

with out the panels...

where the 2 boxes join from the rear.....

space between top of box and rear speakers

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks a lot man, could you also get ahold of the height and width of the port (maybe how far it sticks out of the box too) and the distance from the bottom of the port to the bottom of the box?

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
ok i will tomm.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have another question.... from the pictures it looks like the port is more than 4 inches wide.... i have never seen an armrest that is 4 inches wide before. Could someone please measure the armrest hole and confirm that it is only 4 inches wide.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
its at least 4 inches. What type of subs are they? Tuning frequency? Required port size? Do the install carefully its easy to screw an install like this up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts