The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the 2002-2006 Altimas there is a button with a key hole in it behind the passenger side back seat headrest. If you haven't locked this button then the button pushes down and released the latch to enable you to bring the seat forward. However, I have both pushed the button down and pulled forward on this and also gotten into the trucnk and pulled the pull-cord that disengages the same latch and no joy.

FYI I have done this many times, it's just no longer letting go so I can bring the back seat down. I am able to get the Driver side back seat down, which helps some, but how am I supposed to fix this if it's essentially locked in place?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,904 Posts
Take the seat bottom out and remove the lower hinges? Remove the seat back?

Have you tried the 'give 'er a good ol' thump or three' to see if you can loosen whatever has stuck in the latch mechanism?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good ol' thump? yes. The hinges no, wasn't away I could get at anything worthwhile to do something like this. Thanks again Doug.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Seat bottom likely HAS to remove to get to hinges of upper. If one side folds down then you can look close at the mechanism to find out how it works to then understand other side to make it unlock. Usually pretty simple once you know how it is constructed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts