The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
newdad
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first post. First, its nice to be here amongst fellow nissan enthusiasts. I do have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have a 2004 Nissan maxima se, 6 cylinder. I love this car. It it had wings it would probably fly. I have to replace the headlight and foglight bulbs on the passenger side of my car, both are out. I tried to get my hand in as far as I could to try an turn the bulb assembly CCW and remove the bulb, but that idea quickly failed. I was trying to remove the entire passenger side headlight assembly and then have easy access to the bulbs; however I cant locate all of the bolts holding it in place. I see the two bolts on the top, but cant see where it iis attached on the bottom. Has anyone ever replace these bulbs I am talking about and it so be wiiling to give me some guidance as to the best/easiest way/procedure to replace these bulbs.

Thanks.
NewDad1

·
Registered
1 Posts
headlight

I have joined today because while doing research on wanting to lower my 04 maxima, I came accross your post. The bad news is that to be able to access the 3 other bolts that hold the light assembly together, you have to remove the front bumper. including the grill. It is really not that hard, but you should take your time to do it right and to make sure you put it back together the same way. To remove the bumber you must unscrew to screws that are located inside each wheelwell behind the cover. I found it easier to remove both front wheels and hold the car up in stands unfront. these are the only screws that you will find, two on each side. after that just remove the black self taping screws from the grill and then reach behind the grill and compress the tabs that hold the grill to the bumper. remove the grill and then keep removing the self taping screws until the bumper comes off. BE CAREFULL to not let the bumper drop as it still has your conner lights connected. you can disconnect the corner lights or just place something to support the bumper. Hope this helps you, If you take it to the dealer they charge a labor of about $250.00 plus parts. It sounds complicated but I installed aftermarket HID's on my maxima and have found my self removing the bumper frequently trying to get my headlights adjusted properly. They were not aimed properly from factory.

Take care,
skyrider2020

1 - 2 of 2 Posts