The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a weird issue with my A/C. It has been a constant 105+ Degrees past few weeks. I haven't driven the Nissan in some time as up until now it was sitting as a spare car. However, my Mother in Law needed a car for work and has been using it daily now. There is an issue of the A/C having it's own mind. I did the leak test and there's no leak in the compressor or the lines. I think it has to do with Freon pressure which I don't know what it's supposed to be at. I took it on a long drive for 2+ hours. And the a/c blew cold air and after some time the compressor cut out for 10-15 minutes and all of a sudden comes back on. The down-time varies on how long the compressor shuts out for. There isn't an a/c relay I can try replacing in this car and during my research it seems like the compressor cuts out if the freon pressure gets too high or low. Any one have any recommendations on how to diagnose this issue. The car is pretty old and not driven enough for me to pay a mechanic to diagnose/repair it. worse case scenario i'll sell it but for now it will comfort my mother in law until we can find another car. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It could be the thermostat causing the compressor to stop, or coolant temperature senor. I know that sounds a bit weird but watched a video about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts