The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a first time Altima owner. I've just recently found my way to these forums and I think its a cool site.

I just bought a 2005 3.5 SL with Navigation. Its Smoke with Blonde.

I'm not as much into the racing as I've noticed a lot of you are. I'm more into the luxury. It's sweet that the Altima can offer both!

I noticed theres not a lot of talk about the SL's here so I figured I'd start one up. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DesiEGO!

I'm from Ann Arbor. Where are you from?

Who's the girl in the trunk? How much did it cost for THAT upgrade? HE HE
I hope you let her out at least ONCE in a while! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is my second car. (Had a 96 years ago.)Ive been a member of this site for a whole three or four days myself. lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Word, finally a SL here. Hopefully you like you car, it is a great car. I have an 05 also wit navi as well however mine is satin white on blonde. Also let me know if u come across any problems. Ive had mine since first of may and now ive got over 6K on it and to be honest nothign is really wrong except the radio reception is garbage. Re : racing , this vehicle is hot, in about 20 races or so ive only lost to one being a firebird with an LS1 in it as well as a Z06 C5. Ive killed few newer gts by car length to 1 1/2 as well as even a z28 and many 3 series bmw

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my previous car that I traded in was a 2001 Monte Carlo SS and I had figured that thing would be fast but this Altima blows it AWAY!!

The Monte Carlo 3.8 V6 only had 200 hp vs the Altimas 3.5 at 250hp!

·
Registered
445 Posts
ilmagic88 said:
Hello all,

I just bought a 2005 3.5 SL with Navigation. Its Smoke with Blonde.

I noticed theres not a lot of talk about the SL's here so I figured I'd start one up. :p
Congratulations. I have an 3.5 SL too but no nav. I didn't understand nav back then! lol

There's not alot of talk about the SL, HELL, there're not even alot of 3.5 SL on the road. 8 out 10 alties I see on the road are 2.5S, the other two are 3.5 SE.

I read SL has a more luxurious suspension, but the tradeoff is smaller rims. I dun know what other whistles and bells come with it ;)

btw, almagic, what made you choose the Altima 3.5SL and not a redesigned Camry v6? Ignoring horsepower, Camry v6 seems to be more luxurious and sturdy but defintely CHEAPER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The main reason I chose the Altima because my sister in law has had Altima's for the last few years and they've been great for her. Plus, I just thought the Altima was sportier and more exciting.

I also really wanted Navigation. Does the new camry have Nav?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Altimas are maybe more exciting but camrys are definitely not 10 times worse than them. The tight workmanship on camry interior surely boosts it. The 05 camry is just out and it has better tail lights, agressive fog lights and bumper.

For me, I didn't choose a camry cuz I just left one. Something new for a change. :)

OH camry has a nav system too . The first photo isn't of the 05 camry. 05 camry has ABS, volume control at steering wheel as standard (ie in LE)

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy all this talk. Everyone will have there own opnion about everything so just enjoy and learn alot about the wonders of altimas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I have an 05 3.5 SL as well, and like the car for the most part.... I have quickly determined that the extended warranty will be necesary if keeping the car past warranty expiration is your goal. I almost traded it in today for a Z but after reading the 350Z forum's at length, decided they are having more problems than we are with the Altys. I have 5000 miles, warped rotar, defective windshield moulding, pathetic 115 MPH limiter, and I have the manumatic and am not thrilled with it at all. If anyone has the manumatic, you can get more aggressive (higher RPM) shifting by moving the shifter into the manual gate. It is not *necesary to shift at all, but you can if you want (it will shift for you at different RPM levels, equivelent to 'sport' mode in BMW's). The SL rides smooth as buttah on the highway, but sacrifices cornering ability. Sounds like the SL model is what you want as the features trump some premium marks offerings, and at a significant cost savings. I just had the leather profesionally conditioned today, and it helped so much that I'm really shocked - much better than when I received the car new, so you may check into that if/when you have the car detailed. PS - Check and keep an eye on the plastic "chrome" pieces on the side door moulding. It's made so cheap that if the light hits it right you can see the mounds where the glue is holding it in place! Best of luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
welcome to the world of altimation, the SL is the luxury version of the altima, and if thats what you want, you will love it. drive it with pride in knowing that you can compete with cars that costs twice as much or more than the altima

1 - 19 of 19 Posts