The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 05 altima 2.5l. It has a problem when i put it in park or reverse or drive it will randomly idle low and shake for a few seconds then go back to normal like nothing happened. if i'm at a stop light it might do it 2/3 times before the light turns green and I've noticed when i turn the a/c on it gets worse or when i turn the stearing wheel left or right just a little it dose it to.

I've changed the valve cover, spark plugs, crank sensor, passenger motor mount, and i put a new exhaust on it with no resignation and small muffler.

i dont know what else it could be but its shakes the hole car just about when it dose it. it last 2 seconds every time and its made my car die at a stop 3 times since owning it and the car has 158k miles and has been well taken care of.

any thoughts will help.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Ignition problem or vacuum leak to cause a slight miss that comes and goes. The more engine load you add (a/c on, power steering working) the worse it is when it shows up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have my mechanic friend test for a vacuum leak or the ignition problem. thank you for the suggestion. anything helps right now because im lost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts