The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a car guy or even a good car owner. That's said. My 05 Altima has a clicking noise on the passenger side of the engine. Ignored it due to lack of money and the check engine light came on for a week. It went away for 2. Over the last 2 weeks the following happened 3 times. Driving down the road and the car died and ALL warning lights (Brake, tcs off, slip, oil, chk eng) come on and pwr steering doesn't work. Turn car on and chk eng slip and tcs off all stay on and car revs but won't go very fast. Turn car off and let sit for 30 mins and car is driveable again, only chk eng light on. Codes scanned and it's idle Ctrl system rpm too high and camshaft position sensor problem B2. Could a sensor be causing all this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can try not to turn off the engine immediately after parking, just wait for a while. If there is still a rattling sound after doing this method, you should go to the 4S shop to check.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I am not a car guy or even a good car owner. That's said. My 05 Altima has a clicking noise on the passenger side of the engine. Ignored it due to lack of money and the check engine light came on for a week. It went away for 2. Over the last 2 weeks the following happened 3 times. Driving down the road and the car died and ALL warning lights (Brake, tcs off, slip, oil, chk eng) come on and pwr steering doesn't work. Turn car on and chk eng slip and tcs off all stay on and car revs but won't go very fast. Turn car off and let sit for 30 mins and car is driveable again, only chk eng light on. Codes scanned and it's idle Ctrl system rpm too high and camshaft position sensor problem B2. Could a sensor be causing all this?
It looks like it might be in "fail safe" mode where the RPMs are limited to 1,500. Post the actual DTC codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts