The Nissan Club banner

2005 Altima SE-R problem

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
Hi so I recently bought a 05 SE-R and everytime I put the car in reverse and then put it in drive it hesitates and then kicks at me and then goes. And when I go high speeds it lags then goes. Also when I accelerate up a hill the RPMS go high then kicks n goes.. can someone please help me solve this problem.. AUTOMATIC TRANS

#2 ·
You nailed it...AUTOMATIC TRANS needs some attention. Start with fluid levels/colour and go from there.

As you might imagine, these cars weren't usually driven by featherfooted grannies...

#4 ·
Yup I had this same issue with my 2.5s and new transmission fluid got rid of the hard shift

#7 ·
No, the oil pump inside every automatic transmission. That is usually wrong too, just like with engines the oil pump is never the problem with no other issues, the oil pump is usually the LAST thing to tear up. Meaning if it is bad generally the engine or trans is too. Trans especially as the pumps are not generally the issue, rather hydraulic leaks from 50+ other things.

You'll have to explain further just what 'kicks at me' means, that makes no sense at all. I'm assuming an rpm flare and sudden hit when the pressure fills the leak to suddenly work.

And some few Nissan still use band adjusters that can take some of that out provided the trans is not junk, which often it is by the time they begin to slip good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.