The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow nissaners,
I have issue with my 05 altima, 2.5.i had service engine soon on, read the code and got p0240.catalytic converter, i asked the previous owner, if they done repairs. They hadn't, so I went to my mechanic and before he replaced it, he cleaned it and used severe catalytic cleaner liquid, ran the car for 3 days, the error went away, oil consumption improved and less noise. It's has been weeks since then. Today before I started my car, i put it into power state, which is turning the key to position 3,right before start. I noticed my ses light was flashing, so I started my car, ses is not on, drove for an hour no ses came on. I tried to read errors, nothing coming up. I am guess misfiring, because it kina shakes sometimes and feels clogged.. Any suggestions? And if it is misfire, would it be coal or spark plugs. Do I have to change all four coals/spark plugs?

Thanks

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Don't do anything until you have inspected the precat for deterioration. If the precat has started to disintegrate then you have a much bigger potential problem on your hands. Google 'nissan precat failure', the problem was worst in the 02-06 2.5 Gen3's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts