The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a new 2005 SE and I'm less than thrilled with the Bose Audio. I actually thought it sounded better in the 2003.

What is the best place for mods? I'd like to keep the HU if it's OK. Is replacing the speakers a decent start? I'm not looking to spend a ton of bucks, I just want to remove some of the tinniness to the sound.

Thanks

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
You can't just replace the speakers and keep the head unit. Bose is different from normal stuff. Whereas in most cars the head unit is the amp... with a Bose the head unit just provides the signal. Each speaker has its own amp.

My suggestion is rip the whole thing out and install a real stereo. Thats what I did in my Maxima.

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
No each speaker does not have its own amp in our cars. We have a seperate amp in our trunks under our rear decks. Open up your trunk and you can see the amp. You can add subs to the bose system buy tapping into the signal if you want to keep the stock headunit. Replace the stock ehadunit and the Bose system will be much better. And this will give you a subwoofer preout. There are many adapters out there. I know there are adapters that will allow you to keep your stock headunit and add aftermarket amps and what not. Check PIE electronics and soundgate products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts