The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
14/f/ca? Yes ma'am!
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe now people that were crying on how it was so bland and needed to go back to the original styling will stfu now...but you know how it goes, now they will say it's trying to hard at its past and looks too tacky.

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
that is sweet, the headlights and tails blend perfectly with that car color, looks awesome...clean and smooth gto..not 2 mention those scoops provide a purpose 2

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Brudder, I still think the should've kept it old-school...maybe not as old-school as that red one above, but something like the chevelle-body. Just look at the new '05 Mustang. THAT is retro style, my friend. That's the first time I see the engine on the car...surprising set up. Is it a V6 or V8?
Funny how its two separate RAM AIRs merge into one intake for the engine. Maybe if they'd used the older, wider bodystyle they could've done two separate intakes, two separate exhausts.

The day of the factory enthusiast is over...Companies have to many special interest groups to please, too many lawsuits to avoid.

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
Taken from Vince Burlapp's page

GTO dna. Or why does it look like a 1990's design.

Well, because it is. Check out this excusive Burlapp trip throught the new Pontiac GTO design history. Or everything you need to know about how GM spends the smallest amount of money to revive an American icon...

STEP 1: 1993, the new, redesigned Opel Omega comes out in Europe. A classic, conservative design intended to compete with Mercedes and BMW in its home market. A very tough job. Opel has been trying for years with previous generations without much success...

STEP 2: 1997, GM decides Cadillac needs to compete better with imports. But doesn't want to spend the money on an all new design right away. So let's bring over the big Opel to make a small Cadillac.

But it takes more than a new grille and lights to make a Cadillac...

STEP 3: At around the same time, GM's Australian division since 1931, Holden, gets their own version of the Opel, they call it the Commodore. Nothing new there. Holden has been selling warmed up Opels for decades. Notice it only takes wheels and bumpers to design all these "new" cars...

STEP 4: 2001. There it is! The 2 door version of the Commodore: the new Monaro. A better looking as sportier car than the sedan. Mr Lutz loves it and decides to bring it over to the US as the next GTO. A fairly easy , quick and cheap thing to do...

STEP 5: 2005. See any of the pics posted by this thread's author to see the final result :cool:

THE END :)

·
14/f/ca? Yes ma'am!
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It turns out this is a car designed by one of GM's engineers. Gm helped of course.

Got this from another forum
" That's from the Woodward Dream Cruise. It was developed by young engineers at GM for the event. The motor is supposed to be a 6.3l 500HP+ beast... "

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=31&threadID=10251&messageID=201838

From the above link:

The GTO Judge Concept has a 6.3-liter V-8 engine with 500 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 500 lb.-ft. of torque at 5000 rpm. It also has a six-speed manual transmission, modified brakes, bigger wheels and tires and new exhaust. The bright orange exterior features a new hood, fender, quarter panel, spoiler, front and rear fascia and rockers.

·
Racin The Days Away
162 Posts
G_G_L said:
the judge looks awsome, infinitly better then before. i like the exhaust. i'm itching to know the specs. i'll keep my fingers crossed for 400hp

If I have heard correctly it is getting a refined LS6 powerplant with 450 ponies and a 6 spd.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts