The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a code for the cam sensor, I replaced it, and for about 6 weeks no issues, then the it started throwing the code again. So I changed the senor again, after I did that the car wouldn't start, put the old one back in, and it started. Went back to the local parts store to get another one, same thing. Do I need to buy a OEM Sensor or do I need relearn of some sorts?

Thanks.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Are the sensors you are buying the ones with the metal can, or the plastic rectangular end? Only the former (Hitachi) have had good success.

·
6,365 Posts
What exactly did you buy? I wouldn't put it past a budget overseas vendor to make their 'old' sensors look like 'new' ones with a 5 cent metal can. Just checked RockAuto...everybody has metal cans on their sensors now... Here is the OEM part

HITACHI CPS0003 {#EPS0003} Crank Position Sensor

·
Registered
19 Posts
You replaced the cam sensor? Have you also replaced the crank sensor?

Same sensor, on two different spots on the engine. My crank sensor went first, then the cam about two years later.

·
6,365 Posts
For that engine/year/model they are.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i had that issue a years back and it was due to the cam sensor and crank. i got OEM ones never had a problem ever again. The ones i have are with the metal.. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts