The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I desperately need help, I was changing out the crank/cam shaft sensors. While I was tightening the top one my tool hit the positive terminal and created sparks. After replacing the sensors, the altima only started once and stopped starting after that. Right now it's cranks strong and battery is good. But it just won't start. I've replaced the spark plugs and checked my relays and fuses. Still can't find what the problem is. But one thing is that it started when I jumped thr battery. But doesn't make sense to me because the battery is still strong. I have a small feeling that my fuel pump isn't activating when i turn the key though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Have a helper cycle the key while you listen at the fuel filler neck.
Pull codes. See if there is anything current.
The short may have caused a issue.
Check the fuses in the PDM.
Located by the right headlight, and there is one by the battery also IIRC

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
20-20 hindsight....but that's whjy we ALWAYS disconnect the battery negative cable when working on or near electrics.

As above check for codes and the sound of your fuel pump priming at Ignition On.

Which positive terminal...sensor or battery? If sensor, you may have blown the sensor voltage regulator in the ECU....verify you are still getting power to the CPS with a multimeter (should be 3 terminal, power, ground and sensor return). Usually power is 5V from ECU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a similar issue in terms of cranking after I replaced the crank and cam position sensor (both times). Where once I replaced the sensor, it would still only crank. I had to add some good amount of gas pedal while cranking it and around the 5th or 6th time it actually started. After that I had no issue and never did I receive an CEL (when sensors initially failed or while cranking).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts