The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 Altima 2.5S. I am not sure if a noise I hear is normal. When I brake, the shifter unlocks. But, I can hear the clicking very load and clear. Is this normal? I drove another 2005 and it is very quiet. The dealer says it is normal! I am a little leary!

ANy advise or help is appreciated. Thi si smy first Nissan!

Thanks,
Bry2723

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 3.5 SE 2 weeks ago. I just got it back from the dealer to check this very same problem. I have an automatic and assume that you have the same. The shifter will move slightly and make a click when the car comes to a complete stop during heavier than normal braking. It will also click when taking off from the stop. Doesn't normally do it under regular braking. I test drove two other Altimas, one a 2.5S and the other a 3.5 SE, both do the same thing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes that is normal, the clicking noise is from the shifter and is a safety feature that disables you to shift to Reverse accidently, if you notice the shifter clicks when you're about to or at a complete stop, hope this helps.......Also try SEARCH, there are more threads on this subject.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I have an '03 SE and I had the same problem while back. It started doing the shifter clicking all of a sudden when I would apply the break while driving.

It actually went away after a couple of weeks, so I think it's some type of problem with the automatics or something.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i never noticed a clicking in my 05 either, maybe i just got bad hearing.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,270 Posts
DesiEGO said:
:dunno: I haven't noticed this in my car yet but then again my muzic is playin always on High :p
Indeed...

with all of the problems this car has..THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts