The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owners manual PDF for the 05' shows the addition of the center gauges and the 6 speed for the SE-R. But fails to mention the 18" wheels or and LSD of any kind. I'm sure they would include it in the manual if they have the other stuff in there. I'm thinking they may have ditched the 18" wheel thing. I also think it isn't gonna be any faster than a manual altima is now. More horses but also more weight. So maybe better handling/braking. But minimal acceleration difference. nissan-techinfo.com for PDF.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well at least there is some comic relief in this thread....

MADDYSDADDY7: Do not get yourself confused here. There have been plenty of "Publications" documenting that there will be 18" forged wheels and LSD. Actually, they haven't produced the brochure/manual yet for the Altima SE-R. Should be in soon though. IF it has come out...please forward a copy.

Also, I know anyone can give their opinion on SE-R's for this post but how can you post and assume that Nissan will drop the 18" wheel option and that it will be "Just as fast" as the manual SE's??? Absolutely Wrong Dude! The most important thing you must keep in mind is that the reason Nissan produces an SE-R version of their standard vehicles is that they know consumers will want more in perfomance...including appearance. The SE-R will have the 18's and it will be faster than the Manual Altima SE's...for sure. Too bad your in Cali so we won't be able to prove ourselves in the 1/4 mile. Sorry man but I don't agree with your post.

·
1,873 Posts
maddysdaddy7 said:
The owners manual PDF for the 05' shows the addition of the center gauges and the 6 speed for the SE-R. But fails to mention the 18" wheels or and LSD of any kind.
Hey SEr, how can you argue with the fact that the owners manuel for the 2005 model doesn't list those items? It either does or doesnt, right?

As for the SE-r, we'll probably wait until late September to know for sure..........

·
Registered
655 Posts
who the heck would buy an SE-R if it is virtually the same car as a 3.5SE -engine and looks- the new ownership of nissan has been kicking butt- i don't think they will make an SE-R w/o some balls or exterior flare like 18's.

·
Proud Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Go to 2005 manual

Now before you assume I'm talking out my A$$, read it. It mentions specifically the SE-R. It shows how to read the new gauges. It shows how to shift the new 6 speed. It does NOT mention LSD of any kind. It may have it, but it is not mentioned. It actually does mention an 18" tire-sorry. I don't own one and neither do you so don't tell me how fast it is or will be. It weighs approx 100 pounds more than an 03' manual. And since that is about the same as a 6 speed 350z(they are not gonna compete with themselves)- I doubt it will be pushing any speed record. It is about looks, aerodynamics, braking, and handling. When a magazine comes out with the cover "NEW SE-R, CORVETTE EATER" I'll believe otherwise.

2004 350z 6spd Track- 3225#s -287hp
2005 SE-R 6spd-3279#s -2??hp(you think it's gonna be that close)

·
Registered
36 Posts
More on LSD

When I go to that link, all I see is the regular 2005 Altima owners manual, posted in January 2004. And there's nothing I see in it about the SE-R, nothing on the guages, six speed, or wheels, much less LSD.

So it appears that the 2005 SE-R manual is not available yet there, at least at the time of my posting.

Besides that, the owners' manual is NOT necessarily the document that you would look in for info on the LSD.

For my 2000 Sentra, the service intervals were listed in the owners' manual. This is where the LSD is listed. But in the 2005 Sentra manual, now the maintenance schedules are no longer published in the owners' manual but rather in a separate document called the "Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide." (See page 8-2 in the 2005 (regular) Altima or Sentra manual.)

You need that other document to look for the LSD.

For example, for the 2000 Sentra, my manual 2000 Sentra SE with Performance Package has a LSD. There's only one mention of LSD in the Maintenance Schedule in a footnote (page 9-7 fn 1), that refers to "LSD." There's no other mention of LSD or differential (meaning LSD) in the rest of the owners manual.

2005 Sentra owners manual does not mention LSD or differential (meaning LSD) AT ALL. Indeed, the manual does not have a table of maintenance intervals. This table has moved to the publication "Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide," which presumably notes (again, possibly just in a footnote) an "LSD" schedule.

What we need is the 2005 Altima SE-R MAINTENANCE INTERVAL table to see if there's a maintenance interval listed for the LSD.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the LSD.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's the same problem I ran into....

MaddysDaddy: Send the specific link to the brochure for the SER IF it has been published. I'm guessing this isn't out yet...only the regular 05 Altima Brochures are out. Send the proof brotha!

As far as your thoughts on thinking that the Stock SER will be just as fast as the 3.5 SE's....ummmm not quite. HOWEVER, it may depend on the driver since it will be a 10+/- HP difference. On paper, I'm putting my money on the SE-R for the 1/4 mile.

·
Proud Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Did any of you actually look through it. It does mention the gauges and the 6 speed. When you buy a new SL Altima do you get a special manual that says SL on it. I can understand the LSD may not be mentioned in the regular manual.

-pages-70,76,77,184,185 read them!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
maddysdaddy7:

Took a look at the pages. Don't see anything. I think you must have a different file than the one I downloaded (from your link). As I said, your link goes to the Jan 2004 owners manual. There's no SE-R info in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
datfan:

Maybe I can resolve the problem. When I follow the link provided, there are two icons for each of the owner manuals. If I click on the left one for 2005 (1/22/2004), Adobe Reader launches and I get the pdf file containing SER information. When I click on the right icon, I have to unzip the file with Winzip and I get a pdf that does not contain the information. Apparently, Nissan forgot to replace the zipped version when updating the manual to include the SER.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK

Ah. I hate looking at PDFs in popup browser windows. I assumed the zip file would be the same as the one in the popup window.

Take a look at page 6-4, shaded box. Reference to LSD. Seems that it's boilerplate, unfortunately.

datfan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts