The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Altima with a 3.5 V6. I replaced the timing chain (due to tensioner plastic cracking) Intake gaskets, plugs, coils and boots. Car runs strong and smooth when driving but throws a P0300, Multiple cylinder misfire at idle. Car also had the cam sensors replaced recently. I spray checked for vacuum leaks and cannot find any. Car runs strong otherwise.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,151 Posts
Sounds like you got the chain on right...congrats...not trivial. Most likely would be something like a poorly sealed intake gasket or poor engine ground...however if you cannot find an obvious air leak/bad ground then all we have to work with is a misfire when the engine vacumn is/or is supposed to be, high. Is it throwing any codes?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Misfire codes are usually tilted toward ignition issues. Not always though. Read the sensor 1 O2 sensor realwoeld switching with a scanner and if below .5 volt and fuel trim high then vacuum leak or above .5 volt trim low ignition issue. Plugs coming out dark or wet say ignition. If cheap crap Chinese coils used maybe them.

Mileage? Compression down due to wear is not cured by any of the above things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Misfire codes are usually tilted toward ignition issues. Not always though. Read the sensor 1 O2 sensor realwoeld switching with a scanner and if below .5 volt and fuel trim high then vacuum leak or above .5 volt trim low ignition issue. Plugs coming out dark or wet say ignition. If cheap crap Chinese coils used maybe them.

Mileage? Compression down due to wear is not cured by any of the above things.
160,000 miles. And yes cheaper coils. Was fixing for my daughter and she bought a newer car so now selling but would like to sort it out first. I will try running an extra.ground first. If not I will get my brothers scan tool and check further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts