The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched high and low for someone who had a similar issue with no luck so I'm hoping somebody here can help.

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S. About halfway through my commute to work (~60 miles each way) my A/C will quit blowing air. There is a small amount that comes out (ice cold) but the controls are pegged at "Max A/C", "High" and the coldest setting. While there is very little air coming from the vents, the blower still sounds like it is moving at the top speed. I;ve tried switching the controls to floor and defrost with no change in the amount of air.

Usually it doesn't come back on unless the car has been turned off and rested a while, but today it did.

From what I've read about distantly similar issues it could be one of a few things:
1) Blower Motor
2) Blower Motor Amplifier (this looked potentially charred but couldn't find a part number)
3) Blower Motor Resistor (couldn't locate this while poking around behind the glove box
4) Blower Motor fuse (used a multimeter on the 2 fuses and both read 15 Ohms)

Anybody had some similar issues and figured out what was wrong? Thanks in advance!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Could it just be that your condensor is just icing up due to insufficient airflow (ie clogged filter) for the amount of cooling? If you live in the desert...I'm barking up the wrong tree...but if you are in Houston or Miami or similarly wet places...maybe? After you park it, the ice melts and it starts working again.

Might also be a blockage in the drain hose causing the condenor area to fill up with water, again restricting airflow, but slowly seeping out (probably into your floorpans) and thus works again when you start it up later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea! I'll give it a look to see if its frozen when i get home this evening. That might make sense because i didn't have the temp as cold this morning and it blew fine the whole way in. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, not too wet but not quite desert either. I have noticed a wet spot under my engine that seems larger than a regular A/C condensation puddle.

I checked the in-cabin air filter and it was clean. I think i just replaced the other air filter so it shouldn't be clogged, but i'll give it a check to be sure.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Ok, you can look for ac cleaner products like the Einszett? Klima cleaner (Amazon). Really anything that you can get to spray up and clean the ac drain hose should work...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts