The Nissan Club banner

2006 Altima SE-R 6 speed 285 WHP!

9K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  M-train 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Good lord, your car sounds AMAZING!!!! 'grats on the great numbers as well, a question though, how'd you keep the rasp down?

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, as far as the rasp goes BRM has big ass resonator for the car that really silenced it comes with the exhaust, it sounds almost stock driving normal until you go over 4k rpm

Reactions: zerolimit4life
#11 ·
It was supposed to be a 3" split into dual 2.5", instead it's a full 2.5" from the Y-pipe back and I'm happy with it. Apparently the 3" made too much noise inside the cabin or something like that.

#14 ·
Love the baby flameout at 1:22 (driverside tailpipe) :devil

Nice work on the tune!

#16 ·
Thank you the car runs strong constantly surprises me and others how quick it is now.

Thanks for this! Great to know a 2.5" midpipe is large enough to handle your dyno numbers. I had been considering switching to 3" from my 2.5", but this convinces me otherwise.

On a side note, our cars both sound very similar. Must be the headers + large resonator...

Who did you use for the tuning?
No problem, I'm still trying to understand how did I beat a 345 whp Mustang GT last night and stayed even with a 320 whp Speed 3 that also beat the GT, everyone at the local car meet had a WTF moment lol. Nobody can figure it why is so fast cause looking at the numbers on paper I should be left behind by both those cars, its very interesting cause it's a total sleeper lol.

Tuning was done by uprev, friend has a shop and dyno he also tuned it on the street some more after these numbers, according to him he said the car should be a little faster now, maybe the car makes a little more than 285 ?? all I know is last night it was pulling, top end is nuts now!

#20 ·
Keep in mind also that different dyno's can produce different numbers. You said your car was ran in 4th gear, that alone might have made the difference in numbers on TQ.

Also, back in the day before the internet car magazines were all us gear heads had to go by for lots of info, well that, and the local race track.

Some of those magazines would really cater to their sponsors, and skew the results on the dyno testing. I remember a couple of tricks they would use to UP the numbers.

One trick was to flood the dyno room with nitrous oxide, the other was to put a super heavy flywheel on the engine being tested. Both of those tricks would UP the dyno numbers, and sell parts.

So if you really want to know what your car will do take it to the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.