The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have been searching everywhere for the name of this part/part number. The only place I have not gone is my local Nissan Dealership. I know this is very likely to be an OEM only part, but I would like a part number to give the dealership. Essentially, my neighbor's daughter wrecked an 06 Altima. Only 140k on the odometer. It is rough around the edges, but I paid $500 for the car. I needed one as I was just in an accident that totaled my car.

The wreck snapped the upper control arm and sent the shock absorber into the top of the coil spring, which bent the top mount. I removed it by breaking the welds with an air chisel. Here are some pictures (ignore the rust--this car had to have spent much of its life in the north because cars down here in the south never have rust like this):

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,730 Posts
I don't think that's actually a 'part'...unless you mean as a component of the unibody. You're going to have to cut one out of another car and weld it into this one. If the car has a 'salvage' title...if they even do that where you are...you'll need it inspected before you can plate it again. (If the insurance company wasn't involved, then it might not be recorded and you won't need any inspection other than your own).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that's actually a 'part'...unless you mean as a component of the unibody. You're going to have to cut one out of another car and weld it into this one. If the car has a 'salvage' title...if they even do that where you are...you'll need it inspected before you can plate it again. (If the insurance company wasn't involved, then it might not be recorded and you won't need any inspection other than your own).
titling a car in TN is actually really easy. I was starting to wondering if I was going to have to make a trip to the junk yard because I haven’t found any parts online at all. It’s insane you can buy a radiator core support, which has to be welded on, but you can’t buy this part makes no sense.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,730 Posts
^^ Only because the rad support is like 10,000x more likely to be damaged in an accident.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts