The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was hoping to get a little help. My car keeps giving me the poo11 code after getting new solenoids, new crank positioning censors and new cam positioning censors. I’ve also changed my oil twice and checked all the wiring. I’m just not sure what to do anymore. My car is idling super low and when I step on the gas it is very laggy and low on power. I just completely rebuilt the motor from head to toe and I’m now at a point where I don’t know where else to go. Please help.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
Thanks for the question and the detail provided. Seems obvious to me that your VVT isn't behaving as it should. Without actually seeing what's going on, I'd say the most likely causes are:

1. Low oil pressure (SE-R's are known for oil pump wear resulting in poor oil pressure which is needed for the VVT system) What does the dash oil pressure gauge have to say? Do you have a pressure tester?
2. Bad variable timing solenoid and/or wiring harness (think you've probably ruled this out...)
3. Timing chain is off by a tooth on at least 1 cam. If one is perfect and the other is off, that might be enough to keep it idling, but result in crap performance/behaviour

Here's a resource to check out:

·
Registered
106 Posts
If all that was checked, changed out & still exhibiting these symptoms...I would next turn to your oil gallery gaskets. KNOWN FAILURES for 3.5 vq’s from g35’s to maximas, 350z’s & altimas...even the newer motors seem to have these issues. It’s extensive but a “cheap fix” IF you can do it yourself (NOT THE DEALERSHIP). Ripped/torn/blown out oil gallery gaskets are under your timing chain cover, will be an “internal oil leak” which will give you LOW OIL PRESSURE & one feeds oil up to your INTAKE cam sprocket (VVT sprocket) so lack of oil to those sprockets causes your top end to be sluggish and causes the p0011 & p0021 codes as well. Earlier DE engines also had issues with the actual cam sprocket causing idle issues & sluggish top end. Good luck, I hope this is of some help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts