The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Nissan fam, about 2 months ago my car started sputtering and i was not able to go more than 20 mph, no cel came on. I changed out all 4 coil packs (didnt change the spark plugs, but should have). Well last night it happened again. This time changed the spark plugs (in a mall parking lot) she was fine for 10 minutes, shut her off, then back on, and immediately she started puttering.
I'm reading it could be anything from maf sensor to ground wire,etc.

I need to start my process of elimination, but before I do so Im open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you mean it will not go over 20 still? if so then it could be a CVT issue. If the engine does it in neutral I would try spraying some carb cleaner around the vacuum lines near the intake manifold and see if the engine changes, if so you have a leak. Also clean the MAF sensor, there should be how to's around. Let us know what it is.

Reactions: jimmy.romero

·
05 2.3
14 Posts
Hey there Nissan fam, about 2 months ago my car started sputtering and i was not able to go more than 20 mph, no cel came on. I changed out all 4 coil packs (didnt change the spark plugs, but should have). Well last night it happened again. This time changed the spark plugs (in a mall parking lot) she was fine for 10 minutes, shut her off, then back on, and immediately she started puttering.
I'm reading it could be anything from maf sensor to ground wire,etc.

I need to start my process of elimination, but before I do so Im open to any suggestions.
Have you noticed if it was just 9ne cylinder misfiring. Not going over 20mph suggest it is in a limp mode.not getting enough juice electricity some how check if there are any burnt wires near your altanator

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went ahead and one by one disconnected each coil pack, and seem to have an issue with cylinder 3, will give an update one I put in a replacement coil pack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts