The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
For the life of me, I can't find the Vehicle speed sensor. According to the manual, there are 3. Two are revolution sensors, part of the xmission circuit, and has 3 wires and I'm not getting the related codes. The other one is part of the engine control circuit with a 2 wire connector related to a P0500 code which is what I am getting(no speedometer). I can't find anything on youtube or the manual for the location. I tried under the battery and under the starter. Tried to follow the harness E3 breakout, still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello
For the life of me, I can't find the Vehicle speed sensor. According to the manual, there are 3. Two are revolution sensors, part of the xmission circuit, and has 3 wires and I'm not getting the related codes. The other one is part of the engine control circuit with a 2 wire connector related to a P0500 code which is what I am getting(no speedometer). I can't find anything on youtube or the manual for the location. I tried under the battery and under the starter. Tried to follow the harness E3 breakout, still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
It turns out that the 10A ABS CONT fuse was missing. Though the speedometer started working and the P0500 code went away, It caused loss of power, only goes to 20mph and only 3 gears working. the car ran terribly but no engine codes. Put the fuse back and back to square one. I just bought this used and someone was obviously hiding something.
Any suggestions? Is this an ABS problem? Is this what Failsafe mode is?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Look and sound familiar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look and sound familiar?

Thanks so much for the reference. Gonna clean that rear ABS this weekend and see what happens. Maybe get lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts