The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought this altima from copart for $975 and fixed the front end cos it had been in a crash with no frame damage luckily. new bumper cover, bonnet, condenser, radiator, headlights, etc. However there are two wires/cables hanging and i can't seem to figure out where they go. i am no mechanic, everything i did mostly seemed like common sense and i also looked online for help. i always thought the yellow one was for an oxygen sensor but i'm not entirely sure. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i actually did try that. I told the salesman i wanted to look under the bonnet so he popped it, but as i proceeded to move the air intake duct he said, you can't do that till you've purchased the car, so that didn't work. I could try a different dealership, maybe a smaller one.

·
2008 2.5S Sedan w/CVT
253 Posts
If you can get to a junkyard with a u-pick yard you can look at cars as long as you want.

Trying to think of what is up at the front. There is an ambient temperature sensor. Can't remember for sure but I think it's between the condenser and rad.

Will you put the fogs in? Wiring harnesses should be clipped to the windshield washer fluid bottle for passenger side and the driver's side harness is near the horn.

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh that never occurred to me once and I've been to pick n pull about 3 times in the last couple months for Sentra parts. That is a excellent idea. Also I should probably mention that when I test drove it, it overheats when the engine gets to running temperature if that helps. I believe my ambient temperature sensor is attached to the front bumper reinforcement, I remember trying to plug the black one in there but it didn't seem to fit.
I won't be putting fog lights in just yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Also I should probably mention that when I test drove it, it overheats when the engine gets to running temperature if that helps. I believe my ambient temperature sensor is attached to the front bumper reinforcement, I remember trying to plug the black one in there but it didn't seem to fit.
Do the front fans come on after reaching full temperature?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
The FSM should describe the harness and connectors...including contact count and colour. FSM Link is in my .sig...start with the PG.pdf

·
Registered
90 Posts
overheat = maybe bad thermostat?

How much did you spend in parts?
I am curious how much this car cost you in total.
thx

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
overheat = maybe bad thermostat?

How much did you spend in parts?
I am curious how much this car cost you in total.
thx
Thanks, I might as well replace that while I'm at it.
It has cost me about $1100 so far in parts, but it's all done except for the emblem and a new shift knob, I don't really need those. I also had to pay $400 for delivery since I had no way of getting it myself and the copart fee I believe was $380. I'll still came out on top when it's all done.
I was never worried about the high mileage engine because the the qr25de is everywhere nowadays. I just put one in my sister's 2006 for $600. But the engine pulls hard and sounds great.

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The yellow connector is for the front crash zone sensor.
I'm guessing the air bag light is blinking too.
Yes the airbag light has been blinking, I just realised it. I'll have some time to look at at the car this weekend and then update, I've been a little busy with school.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
The yellow connector is for the front crash zone sensor.
I'm guessing the air bag light is blinking too.
This was my 1st thought as the harness looked like it was yellow in the pic, but was kinda hard to tell....lol

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The yellow connector fit into the crash zone sensor like a glove. I drove it around for about 5 minutes and the airbag light didn't stop blinking.

·
6,365 Posts
The yellow connector fit into the crash zone sensor like a glove. I drove it around for about 5 minutes and the airbag light didn't stop blinking.

Ah yes, grasshopper. Once you have monkeyed with the ABS system, it requires a secret pedal dance to reset it...or a trip to the dealer. I believe I posted this a long time ago on the forum as I tripped mine once welding in a floorplan and starting the car without the passenger seat installed. You will also find the instructions in the audio forums where many a young audiophile has 'tested' their system without the ABS seat warning light connected and likewise tripped the system. If I recall...with your foot on the brake you cycle the ignition off-on 3, 5? times, where you turn it off as soon as the ABS light comes on solid? stops blinking...? and on the final cycle you start the car. That should be enough to get you going. FWIW I had to replace my '03 crash sensor as the aluminum housing corroded, letting water sneak in past the expoy potting and making a mess out of the sensitive components therein. So, yeah, been there, done this.

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you. I should know by now that a lot of these things need to be reset once they've been messed. I will do that.

·
Registered
466 Posts

You will need to get the air bag system scanned for any other codes , if there are no more clear the existing codes and that should fix it.

·
Niinoi
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will need to get the air bag system scanned for any other codes , if there are no more clear the existing codes and that should fix it.
Will a regular OBD II scanner do that or will I have to take it to a technician? It's illegal to it drive right now because it doesn't even have a title yet and hasn't undergone neither of the two inspections yet

·
6,365 Posts
Will a regular OBD II scanner do that or will I have to take it to a technician? It's illegal to it drive right now because it doesn't even have a title yet and hasn't undergone neither of the two inspections yet

Procedure:Here's the process to reset the air bag light (copied from somewhere else on the forum)... I tried it and it works.

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts