The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for everyone. 2007 X Automatic. Rad swap. PMF done. Slight SMOD (strawberry milkshake of death AKA x contamination between tranny fluid and radiator fluid) at the time but I caught it early.
The error code for the Park Neutral switch thing has been on for a year P0850. Truck drove great until last night.
Leaving to go somewhere last night, truck backed out fine. Truck shifted fine. Got to the end of my subdivision and went to pull out on the highway and heard a loud whine followed by a clunk then nothing. Wouldn’t shift into any gears. The display on the dash showed I was shifting gears but no power. Turned it off and on again and it drove to my house which is < 1000 feet from where I was. Still whining and delay shifting from 1 into 2.
This morning, got in. Started up fine. Put it in gear and it worked for about 30 seconds then a whine and then nothing. Display shows it being put in different gears so I don’t think it’s the shift cable as all the videos I’ve seen show the display staying in P. however I can only roll backwards on my driveway since it's slanted.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Catastrophic fail of some kind, it tries to go into limp to seem to work. I'd bet it's broke bud. That code you left unfixed may have got you, that is not a code to be ignored, the ECM would have been conflicted the whole time you ran like that and possibly shoved some pressures around in error to gradually make your fail.

Or, you could have simply broken a solenoid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The transmission oil cooler has failed allowing coolant from the radiator into the tranny. You need to replace the radiator and tranny and flush the system several times.
Common problem on automatic V6 Frontiets, Xterras, and snaptube vidmate Pathfimders from ‘05 to ‘12/‘13.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts