The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe and one of the issues is the keyhole cover isn't attached:

Using loctite doesn't seem like the best option so I thought I'd ask in this forum. The advise here for "soft boiled brake pedal pad" as cure for pad falling off worked fabulously. Hopefully there are good ideas for the keyhole cover problem.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The detents that hold it on (simply snaps on) are likely broken. My Versa did the same and aftermarket part included door handle too for $10 some 2 years ago. The part was close but it has to be utterly PERFECT to fit and stay on longterm, I spent the better part of an hour carefully filing off little by little until it just snapped on tight and it has been fine since then. Obviously a Chinese (get it close is good enough) part, I've been to that party before. The part may have to be painted to match, luckily my car was black and the part looked close enough.

You don't really want to glue there as it will definitely make deeper door handle or key cylinder work harder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts