The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,
I have a 2008 Altima with a 2.5 and a CVT auto transmission. I have 139,000 miles on the odometer, and lately the car has been jerking when moving. It feels and sounds like the transmission is struggling to figure out which gear to be in. I found out about Nissan's CVT warranty extension to 100,000; but my car is definitely out of that range. Any help or suggestions appreciated!
John
Fort Worth, Texas

·
Registered
78 Posts
do you get the CVT fluid changed according to the manual ? The manual for my 2012 Altima says every 30,000 miles . I have read that after some people replace their CVT fluid, it will start working properly again . but if that's not the case maybe yours is going out unfortunately . I don't know much about CVT's hopefully an expert can give you some insight

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
do you get the CVT fluid changed according to the manual ? The manual for my 2012 Altima says every 30,000 miles . I have read that after some people replace their CVT fluid, it will start working properly again . but if that's not the case maybe yours is going out unfortunately . I don't know much about CVT's hopefully an expert can give you some insight
You keep mentioning that "The manual for my 2012 Altima says every 30,000 miles."

Would you please show me where Nissan says to change the 2012 Altima CVT fluid every 30,000 miles?

Here is page 12 of the 2012 Nissan Altima Service and Maintenance Guide:

For vehicles with a CVT transmission (cube, Murano, Altima, Altima Coupe, Maxima, Rogue, Sentra and Versa), replace the fluid every 60,000miles or request the dealer to inspect the fluid deterioration data using a Consult. If the deterioration data is more than 210000, replace the CVT fluid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You keep mentioning that "The manual for my 2012 Altima says every 30,000 miles."

Would you please show me where Nissan says to change the 2012 Altima CVT fluid every 30,000 miles?

Here is page 12 of the 2012 Nissan Altima Service and Maintenance Guide:

For vehicles with a CVT transmission (cube, Murano, Altima, Altima Coupe, Maxima, Rogue, Sentra and Versa), replace the fluid every 60,000miles or request the dealer to inspect the fluid deterioration data using a Consult. If the deterioration data is more than 210000, replace the CVT fluid.
thanks , thought it said 30k, maybe for severe schedule

1 - 4 of 4 Posts