The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I own an 08 Altima coupe 3.5 l 6 speed manual transmission. Well I love this car. Recently however its gone into a fit I can't figure out. I did a tune up nd cleaned the throttle body(aware that a relearn would be necessary). Ever since it high idles until warm and then surges from 1500 to 2000 rpm. I have tried every relearn I could find even unplugging one injector at a time to bring the idle down no luck. I then got ahold of a launch scanner and tried an air volume relearn still no go. Next I took it to a shop they had it for a week and couldn't figure it out. So I take it to the dealer. Well I have a breathalyzer in the car and they refused to work on it due to coronavirus even though I supplied new mouthpieces and sanitized the unit. So I'm at a loss and turning to the internet for help.

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Automatic Trans
1 Posts
Ok I own an 08 Altima coupe 3.5 l 6 speed manual transmission. Well I love this car. Recently however its gone into a fit I can't figure out. I did a tune up nd cleaned the throttle body(aware that a relearn would be necessary). Ever since it high idles until warm and then surges from 1500 to 2000 rpm. I have tried every relearn I could find even unplugging one injector at a time to bring the idle down no luck. I then got ahold of a launch scanner and tried an air volume relearn still no go. Next I took it to a shop they had it for a week and couldn't figure it out. So I take it to the dealer. Well I have a breathalyzer in the car and they refused to work on it due to coronavirus even though I supplied new mouthpieces and sanitized the unit. So I'm at a loss and turning to the internet for help.
I own an 08 altima coupe 3.5 SE Automatic and am having the same issue. I replaced the throttle body gasket thinking it may be a leak (noticed the gasket looked a bit strange when cleaning MAF sensor and TB) and then performed the relearn procedures and still my car is still idling at about 1750-2000RPMS. My next step is to buy a new throttle body and hopefully that will help. Did you ever resolve the issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts