The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help! I know this post is a little long but if you can please read and provide some guidance I will truly appreciate it. Thanks !

A few weeks ago I was driving and noticed my car getting stuck in the lower gears and at one point it struggled to take off. I made it home and left the car parked for a couple fo days. When I went start the car it would turn over and try to start but then ultimately wouldn't. At first I thought is was the battery but or the starter but it's getting plenty of electrical power. I plugged in a diagnostic computer and it gave me the P1778 code which is the stepper motor if I'm correct. I thought it weird that the car wouldn't start but some people said it may be an internal function of the vehicle computer not letting the car start.

I did some research on it and found that the stepper motor could be replaced. However, after dropping the transmission pan and draining the fluid I found that the step motor is not on the outside of the transmission. So now, I need to remove the valve body. Can it be removed while the transmission is still in the car? Can anyone provide any guidance or answers?

Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it can be replaced while the transmission is still in the vehicle. The valve body has bolts to pull it out the pressure solenoid and stepper motor is on top of the valve body. Had the same code for stepper motor ive replaced it and the problem still occurs. Id recommend replacing the entire valve body like 157.99 on eBay thats the best route im taking myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kb1995,
Did getting the valve body off ebay and replacing it work? I replaced the stepper motor and am still having the shifting problems. I was thinking of replacing the whole valve body or just buying a solenoid replacement kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts