The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys both my left and right axels are shot but nissan is telling me to avoid the aftermarket parts there sayin they may not be to spec and cause damage is any of this true do i have to buy the nissan parts or are the aftermarket ones just as good

thanks for the help

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
There have been many reports of issues with the cheap aftermarket axles. If you cannot afford the oem then find a quality rebuilder.

If you can do the Labour yourself and have time and money to burn you could take a chance on the Chinese axles, otherwise having to pay someone to do it twice would cost a lot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had to change my passenger axle last year on my '08 coupe, the carrier bearing went and not the cv itself. I replaced it with a Cardone axle from a local parts dealer and it fit exact with no issues to date. If you get a quality axle it will be as good or better than OEM. Also doing it yourself saves a lot of money.

·
Registered
591 Posts
if you do go ahead and change out the cv axles especially the passenger side cv axle, be prepared to buy a new carrier bearing assembly as it is known for the cv axle to get frozen on the carrier bearing

·
Registered
129 Posts
My axle bearing was seized to the carrier bearing mount.. I took the bolts out of the engine block and removed the whole axle/bearing assembly as one unit. I then bolted the carrier to my workbench, heated the outside of the carrier mount and used PB blaster penetrant then used a big sledge hammer to separate the axle from the carrier mount. Didn't break the mount, seemed like it was strong enough... took some effort but it came apart if you have the right tools.

·
Vendor
463 Posts
@ jordan_17

That's a myth car manufacturers love to spread. In real world, aftermarket parts are designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications. Check out our selection of axles made for your 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe specifically: http://www.carid.com/2008-nissan-altima-front-rear-axles/

If any questions appear, feel free to contact me anytime. We are available 24/7.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys sorry for the late response i contacted local dealership they sent me to the guys they use for the 3.5 manual coupe cv shafts the job wasnt that bad replacing the tranny seals was the worst part of it but thank you everyone for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts