The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just acquired a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (non-bose) few months back, I love the car so far but I do have to do a little bit of work to it. Mainly I want to replace the head unit with a nice touchscreen that has bluetooth, aux, cd/dvd, etc. looking for something that fits as flush as possible and looks as close to OEM as I can get. Was looking at few but not sure if i really want to go Chinese....

Thank you

Dida

Here's a few I was looking at...

#1 3D Car DVD 3D GPS Player RDS Navi Radio for 2008 2011 Nissan Altima HD Camera | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe those are both the same unit. There are others out there like

Amazon.com: 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Nissan Altima In-Dash GPS Navigation DVD CD Player Bluetooth A2DP Audio Streaming 7 Inch Touchscreen FM AM Radio USB SD iPod-Ready iPhone-Ready Stereo Deck Car Manual A/C AV Receiver: GPS & Navigation

Most important thing is get something Android based, with the most current Android OS version possible...ie 4.4?

Gotta ya gonna look into this unit and see what I could find... Thank you..

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
I think there are some Android 5.x out there now. You MAY want to consider waiting six months to see if that gets any better.

If you do want to go now, make sure you get a quad core. There are enough minor differences in what the quad core can do (it's not just speed; some programs work only on them) that I think it foolish to pay almost the same amount of money for a dual-core.

EDIT: might not be 5.x, but I know I saw something about one manufacturer going beyond whatever 4.4 is (lollipop?).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those no name brand Chinese decks are junk. I wouldn't waste my time. Just spend $30 or so on the non-Bose navigation dash trim and get any DD you want. I don't use android but my $150 refurb Pioneer AVH 2700 works just fine with my iphone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts