The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just acquired a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (non-bose) few months back, I love the car so far but I do have to do a little bit of work to it. Mainly I want to replace the head unit with a nice touchscreen that has bluetooth, aux, cd/dvd, etc. looking for something that fits as flush as possible and looks as close to OEM as I can get. Was looking at few but not sure if i really want to go Chinese....

Thank you

Dida

Here's a few I was looking at...

#1 3D Car DVD 3D GPS Player RDS Navi Radio for 2008 2011 Nissan Altima HD Camera | eBay

#2 7" 2 DIN Car DVD GPS Car Radio Player Headunit for Nissan Altima 2008 2012 | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I guarantee the display might look like crap in the real world. The UI already looks tacky.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
This is a typical generic unit. I have a 7" double din from Pumpkin and am happy with it.

The ones you have listed look a lot better when off (bezel is made for the Altima, instead of being just a double din in an aftermarket dash kit), but is several years behind the times.

While I disagree with Helikido about that tackiness of it (some people prefer a look that IMO is even worse), I do expect that you will have lots of trouble updating it in the future. Sadly, the better ones do not come in "08-12 Altima" form, just generic double din.

I can say that this is by far the lowest price I've seen for this format. If all you want is CD, radio (it will sound bad, but is passable), rear camera, mp3 player, GPS (probably cannot update any maps) and limited other nonsense, I think it's a good choice. But you sure won't be winning any desirable awards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for y'all feedbacks, I'm still looking around to see what's out there's for a good price and the OEM look... Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Be careful with the AC controls in your car...there are more Android options for manual controls than auto climate because the bezel is different--and well, more folks want to upgrade.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Be careful with the AC controls in your car...there are more Android options for manual controls than auto climate because the bezel is different--and well, more folks want to upgrade.
What do you mean by android controls?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
6,365 Posts
What I meant is that the manual AC controls have a different shape than the auto AC controls...this changes the shape of the fascia that surrounds the radio unit. Generally more option are available with the M-shaped manual AC controls than the O-shaped auto controls...or that's how it appears. One or two vendors have both options if I recall.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
Generally more option are available with the M-shaped manual AC controls than the O-shaped auto controls
Manual Controls is the only one, as far as I know, that can be bought OEM and has original Altima dash texture to it.

Ironically, the head unites the OP posted are actually LESS OEM than a generic double din, since the 2008 had an option of double din unit, but not a well integrated one like those two options.

·
6,365 Posts
Manual Controls is the only one, as far as I know, that can be bought OEM and has original Altima dash texture to it.

Ironically, the head unites the OP posted are actually LESS OEM than a generic double din, since the 2008 had an option of double din unit, but not a well integrated one like those two options.
This may be true for the Nissan double-DIN OEM bezel (parts and links somewhere in my BOSE thread), but I was referring to the custom surrounds used by 3rd party OEM manufacturers.

·
6,365 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts