The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TrsSHO91
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.... I have searched on here and google overall and I am not seeing a solution to an strange issue I am having. I have a 2009 Altima SL with a 2.5 engine at 110k miles. When I start the car when it is stone cold (as in sitting over night and its 60 deg or cooler outside) the car will start up right away easily and idle around 1500rpm which is normal. The issue comes in where almost immediately the idle will fluctuate up and down a couple hundred RPM like it is adapting or searching for its idle speed. After about 10 seconds it levels off and the idle steadily and smoothly goes down as the car warms up. The car's idle and drivability is 100% perfect when it is warmed up. There are no codes or SES light.

I did not clean the throttle body and I don't see any obvious vac leaks. I did go ahead and replace the spark plugs, PCV valve, engine air filter, and belt/tensioner, but that did not seem to make any difference what so ever. There was a recall where the dealer reprogrammed the ECU and replaced the manifold and cat. Is there something wrong with the car, or is it supposed to behave this way? I have had my old trusty 2000 Altima for a decade and it never acted this way so I am having a hard time believing it is normal.

One a side note, the dealer said is an issue but wants $110 just to even look at it so I am not excited to deal with that.

Thank you for any insight!!!!!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Could be MAF related....try unplugging that and retrying to test. You may need an idle relearn afterwards so make sure you know what that is before proceeding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts