The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a galaxy tab 7 in my 2009 Nissan altima (Bose system). I read online that the amp for this car is not in the head unit. I want to get rid of the head unit altogether but keep the factory amp and speakers

1) can I directly wire audio output from the tablet to the audio wires of the wiring harness (left front+, right front+, etc)? And let the factory amp amplify them and send signal to the factory speakers

2) How to power the amp in this case? There is a wire called amplifier remote turn on. Not sure if I have to use it in some way

Thanks,
Raja

·
Registered
488 Posts
(2) the amp needs a 12volt sorce to turn on ,one example without a head unit would be the accessorie charger port in the Center counsel.
Never wired a tablet can't help with 1

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Is this going to be a flush mount? What are you going to do with the hole created by the vacant HU?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its flush mount. Used aftermarket trim from eBay. Reference link below

New Car Stereo Radio Dash Install Mounting Kit Plastic Installation Trim Piece | eBay

I connected the audio out from the tablet directly into the audio wires of the harness that goes in to the head unit and powered the amp from the 12v supply from the accessories charger. So took out the head unit completely. And it worked, but
1) sound level was only half of what u would get with the head unit
2) some of the songs were not playing with good quality. And twitter was making funny sounds.

So not satisfied with the above approach.

I will use the head unit and input the tablet audio out to its aux in. need to find a new home for the head unit though.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Yes its flush mount. Used aftermarket trim from eBay. Reference link below

New Car Stereo Radio Dash Install Mounting Kit Plastic Installation Trim Piece | eBay

I connected the audio out from the tablet directly into the audio wires of the harness that goes in to the head unit and powered the amp from the 12v supply from the accessories charger. So took out the head unit completely. And it worked, but
1) sound level was only half of what u would get with the head unit
2) some of the songs were not playing with good quality. And twitter was making funny sounds.

So not satisfied with the above approach.

I will use the head unit and input the tablet audio out to its aux in. need to find a new home for the head unit though.
Suggest you use Bluetooth from the tablet as you likely had an impedance mismatch from a driver designed to drive high impedance headphones from what the amp was expecting. You can then add a third party BT device (like the Logitech I used in my BOSE HU update project) either via the AUX in of the original HU, or maybe even directly into the amplifier inputs--which would be nice as it gets rid of the need for the original HU in the first place.

You get what you pay for....so make sure you get a recent device which supports the same profiles and audio quality levels of your tablet. The Logi is nice because you can pair both your tablet AND your phone at the same time and stream from both. $50'ish on either side of the border.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts