The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 that has been sitting outside for several years parked. Supposedly ran fine when it was parked. At some point the sunroof started to leak and moisture set in. Put in a new battery and there was no power to the dash and or push button start. Replaced steering lock and now have power to the dash but still no start. Called out locksmith to program the replacement steering lock. The locksmith was unable to do this because he could not get any communication with the ECM.

Symptoms
1. No start
2. Power to dash but will not turn off with the push button start unless you disconnect the battery.
3. Dash cluster has power and lights up but the message display that says put foot on pedal to start shows NOTHING

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. I didn't correct the problem as of yet but was able to find a temporary solution so it starts and runs for now. Fairly easy temporary fix . Message me if you would like I can share this info with you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. I didn't correct the problem as of yet but was able to find a temporary solution so it starts and runs for now. Fairly easy temporary fix . Message me if you would like I can share this info with you.
What is the work around That you Do to get your car started? I have a 2008 SE 6mt Coupe & I can't get it started no matter what I've tried. Been chasing it for years. It's a spare car for me just something I'd like to get running!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 altima that worked fine but one morning I tried to start it up and nothing . Dash lights came on but no start. I replaced the starter, brake switch, push button switch , neutral start switch, and everything I could possible imagine that had anything to do with anything starter up related.. Finally after alot of research and reading posts in forums I found a post that got me thinking and finally narrowed it down to a can communication problem, so the starter relay integrated into the board could not send a signal to the starter due to a can communication issue it was having. This was indeed verified by checking obd2 codes it said can communication error or something of that nature. I will search for the place I found the useful information on and send it here as soon as I get the time. Its hard to give you specific advice because you didn't give enough detail regarding your issue just basic info. What have you tested and what did you replace? What have you discovered after finding this info? I'll tell you what worked for me. I can put my fob in the fob holder hit the push button twice until the dash lights light up . Then pop the hood and jump the starter from the solenoid terminal to the bat+ terminal and it will start up without pushing the brake pedal even . I made a temporary push button switch to connect these 2 terminals for me. All I did is as I said keep the fob inside the car hit the push button start to illuminate the dash lights so its in the on position then push this button and the car starts . As I stated im not totally sure if this will work for your situation because I would need more info from you but you can give it a try. My car would still be down nonoperational as we speak if I didn't try this . Hope it helps you. Keep me updated ill send you the links I found in a bit here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts