The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone, I have a 2009 nissan altima coupe 2.5s with cvt. I am about to reach 200k this coming weekend. Is there anything I can do to prolong my engine life. I know she doesn't have as much power from when i first got her. Should I look into getting a new engine or do an engine rebuild. Also, does anyone know where I can get the rebuild supplies if they even exist. Someone please help me. I want to make sure she can keep going for a long time. Oh my car shakes when i am at a red light, I read it might be caused by the autozone alternator something about having sub par cluthes. I have new engine mounts so I know that isnt the problem.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well, two ways to do it.

Buy an engine with a warranty from a good company, and install it, or build your old engine.

If you build your old engine you get to pick/choose what parts you want, not just what is cheaper.

Also, I own a cable TV show project car. Its a 65 Mustang fastback that was featured on Horsepower TV.

Anyway, they dropped a Ford Racing crate engine into the car after dyno'ing it.

With only 4k miles it spun a bearing. Since then I rebuilt the engine with a stroker kit, and more hp. Changes a few of the things that most likely caused the spun bearing.

So if you buy an engine already build make SURE it comes with a good warranty.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Shakes but no CEL's right? Time for an (chemical) intake & TB clean, new plugs, new PCV and a couple of bottles of injector cleaner over the next 10 fillups. Did wonders for mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive got an 07 with 196000. Just replaced the valve cover (tube seals are not repairable) w/ new PCV valve and plugs. Also put new struts on the front end. I have noticed that the timing cover is going to need a new seal shortly.

·
DIY Newbie
22 Posts
If the engine visibly shakes in the engine bay, that's usually caused from un-even compression across the cylinders. Sometimes the cleaners & chemicals can clean it up enough to restore but often it's a sign that your valve lash may need to be adjusted. Would also account for the loss of power, since if one of the valves is stuck open that cylinder will lose a lot of compression, i.e. loss of power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts