The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I really hope I am posting this question in the correct section (I think I am).

I have a 1998 200sx manual.

The ignition lock cylinder ( I think that is the correct name) won't turn. I've tried the usual, moving the steering wheel, using the brake pedal, making sure its in neutral.

The small black button that you normally press when starting the car is stuck in the down position and the key won't turn at all. The key is not stuck in the ignition, I can remove it but when I insert it - it won't turn in the least.

Does anyone know of any tricks to get this thing to actually turn or pop-out that darn black button? As it stands right now I will have to have a tow truck come drag it out of the parking spot then into town and have them break the ignition and install a whole new key.

I do have the original key code, so I can get a fresh key cut from the dealer on Monday. But with the black button stuck in the down position and not popping out....I have no idea if that will even make any difference.

Any ideas or long shots is helpful!!!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,920 Posts
I think it's your lock cylinder and not the key that is the problem. You're probably doing the right thing as iti is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts