The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently bought a 2010 Altima and found that the AC on the driver's side does not run cold. I started by charging the AC. After that didn't work I did some research and it sounded like the blend door actuator. I went to You Pull It and got 2 of them I've changed it out and it still blows hot on driver's side. It's starting to get warm out and I'm out of ideas. Do I need to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer or a shop? Thanks!!!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
When you removed the motor/actuator, did you manually move the door to verify that it is free to move? If so, go grab the AC control unit from the UPull yard and try that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't and that's starting to get a little over my head. Is it difficult? I haven't been able to find too many videos on YouTube

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Methinks you may well have the answer to your question then. Self-intimidation is always the warning to take it to others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Self intimidation? I asked for advice. Not some stranger giving confucian sh*t talk. Thanks though

·
7,040 Posts
I didn't and that's starting to get a little over my head. Is it difficult? I haven't been able to find too many videos on YouTube
I haven't done it myself (yet), but I would imagine it's pretty easy to figure out the motion that the actuator is trying to use to move the inner door...so I'm just asking if you make that same motion manually/with your fingers, does the door move freely?

·
7,040 Posts
Gotcha. I think I need to get in there a little further.
and you can always use the passenger side to compare the range and ease of motion to.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I LOATHE dealers, I have never paid for a car repair ever over 45+ years and a long stream of cars. Why I know more about self-intimidation than most. You have to jump in there to tackle things you have never done before, I do it all day long. If you guys had a clue how many repairs I've done that dealers or mechs cannot do..............countless. I spend typically $20 where most others spend $1000.

Go to bottom to download the entire .pdf. Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts