The Nissan Club banner

2010 Altima stuck in limp mode

6K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  d0ugmac1 
#1 ·
So I have a 2010 and a 2007 Nissan Altima the 07 was wreaked but still running the 2010 was my main car until it went into limp mode so I was like easy fix I have a whole other engine and transmission that’s runs but once I swapped them out the car is still in limp mode I’ve reset the ecu and even changed it from the one in the 07 and still
No changes I’ve even swapped out fuel pumps I have the 2.5 motor someone please help I wanna just wanna start modifying it.

#2 ·
Did you swap the TCU too? Check the PN for the 07 and 10 CVTs to make sure they are identical...if not, then probably software conflict/incompatibility issue. Keep ECU/TCU paired....note 07 ECU may cause issues with 10 ABS and other subsystems.... You may wind up putting 10 tranny back in to resolve.

#4 ·
Ok, what kind of limip mode are you stuck in....engine or transmission related?

#6 ·
Any codes being thrown?

#9 ·
Is the issue that the rpms won't increase based on pedal input or that the transmission won't change ratios based on engine rpm/load?

#11 ·
We just had a recent post where a mismatch between ECU and TCU caused similar problems...though that was AT vs MT ECU. There is something clearly up with inputs from the transmission being received by the ECU. I know you said you swapped both transmission and engine, and you said you also swapped both the ECU and TCU. Did you also change the harness and if not did you at least verify wire-for-wire the existing harness vs what is expected by the current ECU/TCU pair?

#13 ·
Ancient belt or Seized pulley? Check idlers, tensioner, alternator, ps pump for ease of rotation. Were you able to find the belt after it came off...check for signs of melt or shred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.