The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Nexus 5x and was able to pair it with no issues. But when I receive a call, even from one in my contacts list the # is coming up as +1 and then the phone #. I believe this is more of the phone rather than the system though becuase my Samsung GS4 didn't do this.

But in researching it, i came across the ability to add phonebook entries to the hands-free system. I found the process to do this by searching various forums and the owner's manual and even through the help guide on the system itself. Then I thought, ok I'll just do this and not worry about the +1 because my car will still properly read it as a contact and display the name.

So I tried to double-tap the phone button and said phonebook transfer entry....nothing. So I re-read it to make sure and tried again nothing. Thought I could get there by manually selecting the option. The manual says Phonebook then Transfer Entry....i don't have that option. I only have list names and help.

So then I thought, well maybe if I went through the voice adaption setup, it will unlock something. So I started the voice adaption and the first thing you say is "phonebook transfer entry". I said it after the prompt and nothing and about 10 seconds later, the lady says voice adpatation cancelled. No matter what avenue I try something blocks me.

Is there something I am missing to add phonebook entries? or is there a master reset to start everything over? Or maybe a firmware update that would correct this?

I'm at a total loss and have been researching for a few days now. Any suggestions?

I can add pics of the screen options if necessary.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
FYI there is no harm in the +1 coming up as your phone will handle that automagically...is that your issue here, or are you stuck in some endless voice entry loop. Post wasn't clear on what problem you are trying to solve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if my post was unclear. I was able to get out of the voice adaptation loop.

The phone is handling the +1 just fine but the car isn't. When I get an incoming call, it won't display the name of the contact just the number. That's why I was trying to add the phonebook entry thinking I could manipulate the system to tell me who it is even when the car displays the +1 but for some reason i can't add any phonebook entry.

Basically the main problem is the car doesn't resolve +1-555-555-5555 into my contact's name.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump....hoping someone sees this and has some suggestions as to why I can't transfer phonebook entries or why the Nissan BT won't translate +1 incoming calls into my contact's name.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I pair my Android phone, shortly after entering the pass-code, the phone then prompts a second time. I forget exactly what it says, but it's at that stage that you authorize the phone to pass the contacts to the bluetooth device. Since Lollipop it also prompt you to accept the BT device as a trusted device.

Try delete your phone from the car and re-pair it, taking note of any extra prompts a few seconds after pairing takes place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts