The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a check engine light on, I have replaced all relevant sensors, vent control valve, fuel cap, even the charcoal canister. I am at my wits end with that dam light. Car runs fine just can't pass the Texas state emissions test.

Somebody suggested I put some type of jelly cream sealant (don't remember the name of it) on my gas cap, and I tried that but still light comes on. The mechanic (friend) that replaced the Charcoal canister as well as all the other components stated that its got to be the computer, told me I should take it in to the dealer and have computer washed or flashed, any thoughts on that?

Does anyone have any new suggestions for this problem?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,121 Posts
So it's a BIG leak--as I read 'em those codes mean the tank doesn't develop a partial vacuum like it expects to. So unless there was a wiring/connector issue with a sensor, then most likely remaining cause is your gas tank isn't sealing somewhere. So, check for leaking fuel pump gasket, defective clamps/hoses, crack in tank or filler neck. If evap lines running from tank to engine are metal, check for corrosion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's a BIG leak--as I read 'em those codes mean the tank doesn't develop a partial vacuum like it expects to. So unless there was a wiring/connector issue with a sensor, then most likely remaining cause is your gas tank isn't sealing somewhere. So, check for leaking fuel pump gasket, defective clamps/hoses, crack in tank or filler neck. If evap lines running from tank to engine are metal, check for corrosion.
Thanks for those ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts