The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently got this code about a day ago so far I replaced the 2nd o2 sensor, but the check engine light is still on.

My code says
P0420
Catalytic converter system, bank 1-efficiency below threshold.
Catalytic converter, wiring, H02S 2

I am wanting to know which sensor I need to replace exactly so I dont have to keep figuring out which one it is. It says bank 1 so I assume its the first sensor?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,892 Posts
You might still be in the 'drive cycle' ie ECU learning that new sensor is working. Drive it for a few days before you worry, or if you can clear the code with a reader and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might still be in the 'drive cycle' ie ECU learning that new sensor is working. Drive it for a few days before you worry, or if you can clear the code with a reader and see if it comes back.
Okay, Thanks though due to the message did I replace the correct one?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Bank 1 sensor 2 is the one you change for that. There is no bank 2 on a 4 cylinder, it is for V-6 engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also, keep in mind that you are probably burning oil (very common problem) and the problem is actually your catalytic converter. I had that problem on my 2006 V6. Used lacquer thinner in my gas tank to clean it out (temporary fix).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts