The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audio help for a noob.

When I got the car a year ago or whatever, I was told it had the Rockford Fosgate system. And as an older gentleman who mainly listens to classic/hard rock, I gotta say to me, it really pounds. Not just the Metallica either, I do enjoy some old school gangsta rap like DMX (RIP) and the bass hits good. I rock that thing pretty hard. So hard I broke a speaker on the back deck! A lot of rattle on the bass notes so I have it faded to the front for now :-(

Um... there doesn't seem to be any sub woofers in this car. At least they don't look anything special:

I have not gotten a good look at the top since getting to the back deck seems really needlessly over-complicated from a video I watched. I am seriously considering just hacking that wire mesh right out instead LOL. Maybe get creative and fashion some sort of hinge or quick release for them. But it just looks like a regular 6.5" to me? Are there tweeters hidden by the trunk lining? Am I looking at a "component" system? Do I need to stay away from 3-way for example?Here's a look under the passenger seat:

I was going to clean it up before I took the picture but I thought I'd leave it to drive some of you OCD guys batty :p . Don't judge me, I deliver in this car so I pretty much live in it 8hrs a day hahaha.

Anyway, I am getting lost in a sea of choices for replacements. If these are indeed 8", I don't think I would totally trust these:

but can I get away with something like this:

Or these specify "full range" for just a bit more money:

Any advise is helpful really, there are too many of choices. Hundreds once you include 6.5".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These RF's are actually cheaper than those Vega's:

But I mean just looking at the numbers, what's wrong with this:

350 watt, 170 rms... what am I missing? It's half the price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts