The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought my Altima in October, 5 months ago. She’s got 210,000, but has been kept in great condition. I’ve had no issues up until today. I went to start it and she wouldn’t turn over. I’m 4,000 over for my oil change, and I’ve put on about 7,000. The oil light has been on for 3 days, which I thought was just me needing an oil change. She started, but very rough idle and there was fuel in the oil. Blue smoke from exhaust. Battery light on too. She’s been left out in rainy / cold for 3 days too. Any thoughts on what it might be? Any help with this would be very appreciated!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
In general, that Oil light should actually be called 'Buy New Engine' light especially if you keep driving once it comes on. I'm guessing there's no oil showing on the dipstick? Can you turn the engine with a breaker bar and socket on the crank pulley?

Does the starter motor make any sound, or is the battery just flat? Have you tried jumping the car?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Since I assume you didn't overfill the oil, you do have to wonder how the oil magically 'multiplied'. One explanation is a leaky injector, meaning your oil could be part oil and part gas now...which doesn't lubricated half as well as just oil BTW. Pull the plugs...if one is wet or reeks of gas or covered in black fluffy carbon you're on to something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.