The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2011 Murano to the Nissan dealership today to get my oil changed, get my brakes checked, and find out what is wrong with my automatic locks that dont work half of the time.

I was told it would cost me $40 to get my oil changed, $145 to get my back brakes replaced, and $600 to get one of the actuators fixed for the lock on my back let passenger door.

I said forget it all except the oil. I have found someone to do the brakes and rotors for $140.

I was informed that I would have to pay a $98 diagnostic fee to tell me my brakes needed replacing even though they weren't going to do a thing.

Because I work in customer service and have been told off about things that are totally out of my control, I was able to maintain composure while informing him that this would be Nissan's last opportunity to touch rhe vehicle again.
I suggested he move forward to fix the brakes since he just reduced my savings by going to Israel's Automotive to $0.
I also told him to change the oil for a higher price than before for the last time.

He called me back and said they decided not to charge me the $98 and they had changed my oil for thirty five dollars.

I went and picked my vehicle up and will never spend another dollar with Nissan.

I think it is ridiculous that Nissan practices what is clearly price gouging.
And has little or no regard for retaining customers.

Glad there are some businesses out there that at least try to charge reasonable prices and actually care about returning customers.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT ALL FOUR ACTUATORS ARE FAILING ON A 2011 VEHICLE AND THEY EXPECT YOU TO BELIEVE IT IS NO FLAW IN THEIR PRODUCT.

Out of all the vehicles I have owned, I have never had my power locks(all of them) to fail at once. CAN YOU SPELL
R-E-C-A-L-L?

SO LONG NISSAN.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts