The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just switched to my winter wheel/tires so the old TPMS sensors are not on the vehicle. I can't seem to find a definitive way to program the new TPMS sensors to the vehicle. Do i need a tool? Set the air pressure to weird levels and drive around? This should not be a dealership thing... but is it?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nissan dealer will likely be worse.............You do like others and get the winter tire set ready early so it's ready when needed.
Yes yes thank you Captain Obvious. This year the timing was unavoidable. Any idea how to answer the original question which is how the set the sensors myself?

· Registered
84 Posts
yes you can do it by yourself just follow these steps
  • Drive the car at 50 mph for about 10 minutes. This should reset the tire sensors, and the next time you start the car the TPMS light should be off.
  • When the vehicle is off, turn the key towards “on” but don’t start your car. Hold the TPMS reset button until the tire pressure light blinks three times, then release it.
  • Start the car and let it run for 20 minutes, which allows the sensors to reset. You’ll find the tire pressure monitor reset button located beneath the steering wheel.

· Registered
3,404 Posts
The sensors are off to preserve batteries when new, they have to be 'initialized' or turned on to work, commonly done by the tire shop. If not done none of that may work at all. The individual sensors then have to enter into the BCM and that may not be done yet either. Those things may not allow the above to work as that may only be for sensors that have been registered to the BCM. Don't be surprised.

My '11 model Nissan would not do any of that at all.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sensors are off to preserve batteries when new, they have to be 'initialized' or turned on to work, commonly done by the tire shop. If not done none of that may work at all. The individual sensors then have to enter into the BCM and that may not be done yet either. Those things may not allow the above to work as that may only be for sensors that have been registered to the BCM. Don't be surprised.

My '11 model Nissan would not do any of that at all.
This was much more helpful. These particular wheel/sensor/tire setup has never been on this car before so this is helpful. My Chevy needs a tool but it was only 10 bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts