The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I recently bought a used 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with 73800 miles for $7000 on craigslist. Clean title thought a great deal. It does had a accident before between front left fender and front driver side door since it is very easy to find out with a cheap bending fix. the car run and drive with some vibration on light/stop; especially with A/C on. Other than that, it gave me a CEL code of P015B, thought not a big deal though.

My question here, It is safe to leave the vibration and P015B there without a fix?

Thanks again guys, and very exciting to join this big family

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Fix the O2 sensor, that will cause you nothing but bad mileage now, and converter issues later.

The vibration can be many things, a bent rim, a worn engine mount, an alternator clutch pulley. If the vibration is primarily at idle, low speed and worse under load then I'd look at the engine mounts first, particularly the top one on the passenger side. Engine mounts are a very common failure in these cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fix the O2 sensor, that will cause you nothing but bad mileage now, and converter issues later.

The vibration can be many things, a bent rim, a worn engine mount, an alternator clutch pulley. If the vibration is primarily at idle, low speed and worse under load then I'd look at the engine mounts first, particularly the top one on the passenger side. Engine mounts are a very common failure in these cars.

Okay, I think I am going to fix the sensor then, cause converter is very expensive even for a Nissan right? I also heard that this sensor is covered by emission warranty right? Even Federal emission warranty cover it right?

Also if I fix this sensor myself, I have no idea where this sensor located at and what it looks like, also I can't find anywhere. Could you give me a hint? It is the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor.

For vibration, I think I am just going to leave it as it since I don't have time nor money to try and fix them one by one. Maybe I will try the passenger side mount someday when I am free.

I read a lot of thread that people tried to fix everything and the vibration thing was still there. So maybe I just quit in the first place since I am not a mechanical, only easy thing fix for me:wink

Thanks for the advice :)

·
6,365 Posts
O2 sensor is the one with wire coming out of it right in the middle of your exhaust manifold. So look between the rad fans and the engine, above where the exhaust pipe bends and goes under the engine. Getting them out can be tricky, you may wish to have someone who does them for a living remove it due to the very high heat they are subjected to.

Grab your FSM and read up on the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O2 sensor is the one with wire coming out of it right in the middle of your exhaust manifold. So look between the rad fans and the engine, above where the exhaust pipe bends and goes under the engine. Getting them out can be tricky, you may wish to have someone who does them for a living remove it due to the very high heat they are subjected to.

Grab your FSM and read up on the process.

I will try to figure it out thanks for the advice:grin

What is FSM? Also I saw youtube videos that I need to buy a O2 sensor socket to change it, Do you know what size I should buy?

THANKS again:wink

·
6,365 Posts
Factory Service Manual...they are all posted online...search this forum for the links

1 - 7 of 7 Posts